Home: Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: Where can I make a financial donation?
In person or by mail to:
|Langley Christmas Bureau
#307-20300 Fraser Highway
Langley, B.C., V3A 4E6
|Langley City Hall
20399 Douglas Cres.
Langley, B.C., V3A 4B3
Suite 112-6375 202 St.
Langley, B.C., V2Y 1N1
|Willowbrook Shopping Centre
19705 Fraser Highway
On line at www.langleychristmasbureau.com
- Q: Will I receive an income tax receipt?
With a cash donation of $10.00 or more a receipt will be mailed to you. Unfortunately we are unable to provide income tax receipts for gift card, food hampers or toy donations.
- Q: What items can I drop off at the Christmas Bureau?
Unwrapped NEW toys
New clothing for children up to the age of 18
Toys can also be dropped off at our Gifts for Kids booth located in the Willowbrook Shopping Centre, 19705 Fraser Highway, Langley or the Langley Advance at Suite 112-6375 202 St. Langley.
- Q: How do I apply to sponsor a family?
Fill out and submit the form on the “Sponsor” page of our website.
Phone the Christmas Bureau at 604-530-3001
Or in person at #307-20300 Fraser Highway
- Q: How much does it cost to sponsor a family?
||$200 - $250
||$250 - $350
||$350 - $450
||$400 - $550
||$500 - $750
|7 or more
- Q: How will I know what to buy for my family?
You will receive a “profile” of your family with their first name, gender and ages. You can refer to “Sponsor a family” as well as “Guidelines for Hampers”.
- Q: Do I contact my family?
Yes, you give them a call to make arrangements to deliver the hamper. We ask that the hamper be delivered no later than Wednesday, December 17, 2014. We discourage personal contact with the client prior to the delivery of the hamper.
- Q: Can I specify the size and children’s ages of the family I wish to sponsor?
We will assign you a family no larger than the size that you request. If you have requests regarding age or gender of the children, we will attempt to accommodate your request but can not guarantee it and it may delay your sponsorship.
- Q: Who is eligible to apply?
- Applicants - You must be residents of City of Langley or Langley Township and must have children – newborn to Grade 12.
- You have not applied to other agencies for toys or hampers.
- Must be able to provide at the Bureau Office
- Care Cards for each eligible member of the family.
- Two pieces of identification with current Langley address (Driver’s Licence, bills from Telus, Cable, etc.)
- Q: How do I sign up to receive assistance?
You must apply in person at the Langley Christmas Bureau Offices located at:
Langley City: #307-20300 Fraser Highway
Hours of operation for Langley are:
Mon – Fri 10am to 4pm
Saturday from 10am to 2pm
Aldergrove: 26956 Fraser Highway
Hours of operation for Aldergrove are:
- Wednesday and Thursday: 11am to 2pm
- Q: What can a client expect to receive?
The gift certificates will be given out at our Fraser Highway location on the same day as the Toy December 15, 16 & 17, 2014.
- A gift certificate per child
- The gift certificates will be given out at our Fraser Highway location on December 15, 16 & 17, 2014.
- These gift certificates are as good as cash, if they are lost or stolen the Christmas Bureau will not replace them.
- A food hamper, either from a sponsor or a food voucher from the Langley Christmas Bureau.
- The hamper will be deliver on or before Wednesday, December 17, 2014.
- All families who register with us are eligible to receive 1 large gift, 1 small gift, a book from the Langley Literacy association and a few stocking stuffers.
- Parents who have registered with us can choose these gifts at our Toy Depot being held onDecember 15, 16 & 17, 2014at our location at #307-20300 Fraser Highway.