Please take a few minutes to look through our frequently asked questions. If you are still looking for an answer, we’d love to hear from you. Simply click here to contact us!
- A gift certificate per child
The gift certificates will be given out, BY APPOINTMENT ONLY, at: 20399 Douglas Crescent, Langley, B.C. starting Monday, November 28 to Thursday, December 15, 2022. The Langley Christmas Bureau will close for the season on Thursday, December 15, 2022 at 3:30 P.M. These gift cards are as good as cash, if they are lost or stolen the Christmas Bureau will not replace them.
- A food hamper, either from a sponsor or a food voucher from the Langley Christmas Bureau. The hamper will be delivered on or before Tuesday, December 13, 2022.
- Toys: parents will be able to choose toys and a book from the Langley Literary Association for each child.
If you were a Client with the Langley Christmas Bureau for 2021, we will phone you starting November 1st, 2022 to set up your appointment time and date to come in to the Bureau.
New Clients: Please call 604-530-3001 after November 1st to book an appointment. You must come in person on your appointment date to:
Langley Christmas Bureau office
20399 Douglas Crescent
Langley, B.C. V3A 4B3
- Applicants must be residents of City of Langley or Langley Township and must have children – newborn to Grade 12.
- You have not applied to other agencies for toys or hampers.
REQUIREMENTS FOR 2022
To register, you MUST show ALL FOUR of the following:
- Government-issued photo ID
- Income Information: if you receive Social Assistance, please bring a cheque stub or other proof, such as two months’ bank statements clearly showing the Province of BC deposit. If you’re not receiving Social Assistance, bring bank statements for 2 months and ALL income information for the year. Include the latest pay stubs for all jobs for the whole year, E.I. info and all other income statements
- Proof you live in Langley (phone bill, rental agreement, mail, hydro, cable or gas bill).
- BC Medical Care Cards (for everyone in the family).
Clients must bring all of the above information with them at the time of their appointment at the Langley Christmas Bureau office (20399 Douglas Crescent, Langley City, BC V3A 4B3) or call us with your questions at 604-530-3001
Email: Click here to send us an email
Hours of Operation:
- Monday – Friday 10:00 am to 3:30 pm (November 28th to December 15, 2022)
- Saturdays – 10:00 am to 2:00 pm (Dec. 3rd & 10th ONLY)
- Closed for the season – Thursday, December 15, 2022
The Langley Christmas Bureau makes every effort to accommodate specific requests, but general needs will be identified first.
Yes. When we email you the information on your adopted family, we ask that you contact them within a week or so of receiving the details, and let them know that you are their sponsor this year.
On our Guidelines for Hampers page, we have some suggestions for food items that you may wish to purchase. When speaking with the parent/guardian you could also check for any likes/dislikes/allergies etc. that they may have.
The cost for sponsoring a family changes based on the number of members in the family. Please see the chart below for reference:
|Family Size||Expected Cost|
|2||$200 – $250|
|3||$250 – $350|
|4||$350 – $450|
|5||$400 – $550|
|5-7||$500 – $750|
|7 or more||$700+|
The easiest way to sponsor a family is to go to our Sponsor a Family page on this website and complete the application form.
You can also come into the Langley Christmas Bureau and complete an application in person.
We are open:
- Monday – Friday 10:00 am. to 3:30 pm
- Saturdays (December 3 & 10 ONLY) from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm.
If you would like to put a smile on a child’s face this year, you can drop off your donation of a new toy* or gift certificate at the Langley Christmas Bureau, located in Langley City Hall/Timms Community Centre. (We ask that you please write the dollar amount on any gift card donation.)
* Although you may be tempted to purchase stuffed animals for donations, please note that they are often the last things to be chosen as gifts due to allergies.
With a cash donation of $10.00 or more, a receipt will be mailed to you. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide income tax receipts for gift cards or food hamper donations.