The gift certificates will be given out at our Fraser Highway location on the same day as the toys, December 16, 17, + 18, 2019.
- A gift certificate per child
The gift certificates will be given out at 120 – 19860 Langley Bypass, Langley, BC on December 16, 17, + 18, 2019. These gift certificates are as good as cash, if they are lost or stolen the Christmas Bureau will not replace them.
- A food hamper, either from a sponsor or a food voucher from the Langley Christmas Bureau.
- All families who register with us are eligible to receive 1 large gift, 1 small gift, a book from the Langley Literacy association and a few stocking stuffers.
Parents who have registered with us can choose these gifts at our Toy Depot being held on December 16, 17, + 18, 2019 at our location at 120 – 19860 Langley Bypass, Langley, BC
Applicants must apply in person at the Langley Christmas Bureau Offices located at:
Langley City: 120-19860 Langley Bypass, Langley, BC
Hours of operation for Langley are:
Mon – Fri 10am to 4pm
Saturday from 11am to 2pm (Dec. 7 + 14 only)
- Applicants must be residents of City of Langley or Langley Township and must have children – newborn to Grade 12.
- You have not applied to other agencies for toys or hampers.
- Must be able to provide at the Bureau Office
- Care Cards for each eligible member of the family.
- Two pieces of identification with current Langley address (Driver’s Licence, bills from Telus, Cable, etc.)
NEW REQUIREMENTS for 2019
To register, you MUST show ALL FOUR of the following:
- Government-issued photo ID
- Income Information: if you receive Social Assistance, please bring a cheque stub or other proof, such as two month’s bank statements clearly showing Province of BC deposit. If you’re not receiving Social Assistance, bring bank statements for 2 months and ALL income information for the year. Include latest pay-stubs for all jobs for the whole year, E.I. info and all other income statements
- Proof you live in Langley (phone bill, rent agreement, mail, hydro, cable or gas bill).
- BC Medical Care Cards (for everyone in the family).
We will assign you a family no larger than the size that you request. If you have requests regarding age or gender of the children, we will attempt to accommodate your request but can not guarantee it and it may delay your sponsorship.
Yes, you give them a call to make arrangements to deliver the hamper. We ask that the hamper be delivered no later than Wednesday, December 18, 2019. We discourage personal contact with the client prior to the delivery of the hamper.
The cost for sponsoring a family changes based on the number of members in the family. Please see the chart below for reference:
|Family Size||Expected Cost|
|2||$200 – $250|
|3||$250 – $350|
|4||$350 – $450|
|5||$400 – $550|
|5-7||$500 – $750|
|7 or more||$700+|
You can apply to sponsor a family by filling out and submitting the form on the “Sponsor A Family” page of our website. You can also phone the Christmas Bureau at 604-530-3001 or in person at 120 – 19860 Langley Bypass, Langley, BC
With a cash donation of $10.00 or more a receipt will be mailed to you. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide income tax receipts for gift card, food hampers or toy donations.
You can make a financial donation in person or by mail to:
Langley Christmas Bureau
120 – 19860 Langley ByPass
Langley City Hall
20399 Douglas Cres.
Langley, B.C., V3A 4B3
Langley Advance Times
20258 Fraser Highway
Langley, BC V3A 4E6